Can you help me find some good quotes about religion? - religious sympathy quotes
I am an atheist, and I would like to see information about what other people think that not only religion but life. No matter what you do or do not believe that I would find some interesting quotes / words / actions. Here are some of my favorites from Albert Einstein on Religion:
Ethical behavior of people should be effectively on sympathy, education and social ties and needs rest, no religious basis is necessary. It would indeed be a poor way if he is held back by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. (Albert Einstein, Religion and Science, New York Times Magazine, November 9, 1930
I can not imagine a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has the desire that we experience in ourselves. Neither I, nor can they imagine a person who survives his physical death, let feeble souls harbor out of fear or absurd egoism, such thoughts. I agree with the mystery of the eternity of life and consciousness and the vision of the marvelous structure of the existing world, toget happywith the effort to understand one part, albeit very small, the reason that manifests itself in nature. (Albert Einstein, The World as I see)
I can not imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are a model of its own - a God, in short, is a reflection of human frailty. I can not believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts out of fear or ridiculous egotism. (Albert Einstein, obituary in The New York Times, April 19, 1955)


7 comments:
It has never been a century or a country that was under the expert who knew the mind of God, and they were willing to reveal.
- Mark Twain
No nation has passed or been governed without religion. Neither can be. Declaration (Jefferson to a friend, Jefferson saw with a prayer book on the path of Christ's Church on Capitol Hill.)
- Thomas Jefferson
He was force-fed my religion, but somehow saved my smile.
- Jimmy Buffett, a little salt of the earth, 2005
"A society without a church is certainly a decadent society."
- Theodore Roosevelt
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
- Albert Einstein
Make your dreams Challenge your horizon?
or
Do You Horizons limit your dreams?
- Bruce Avenell
"Religion is the means of life on Earth in the form of discipline further." Anything to note that you can read the best religion for the entire success in enriching their knowledge life.To you and try to learn more about life before and after death.
"That's my credo. I believe in one God, Creator of the universe. That the rules of his providence. This should be revered. It is the service most convenient for him too well to his other son" of Ben Franklin do.
"If you persevere until death in true devotion to Mary, your salvation is real!-St. Alphonsus Liguori
"Religion is the opium of the people."
-Karl Marx
I do not know the locations
But how are you:)
I like your Christ, I do not know how your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. "
Gandhi
Question with boldness the existence of God, as the case may be, wouldnt approve the homage of reason, where the banner of fear. - Thomas Jefferson
Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man. - Thomas Jefferson
"If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope of reward, then we are very sad to learn"-Albert Einstein
"I was born a heretic. I was always suspicious of people who spend a lot of what God wants to know with their peers," Susan B. Anthony
"Lighthouses are more useful than churches" Benjamin Franklin
"Religion is basically everything I hold in honor - courage, foresight, honesty, fairness, respect, and above all, love of truth." - HL Mencken
No rational arguments usuAlly work on religious people. Otherwise, there would be no religious people
"I contend we are both atheists. I think only one less god than you do. If you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours too."
"Religion is not the goal, false religion, spirituality comes from the heart, not from the pages of a book written to date no single men"
Too bad his "Voyeur" the negative - here are some of mine:
Children would God wrote:
Dear God,
In school they told us what you do. Who during the holidays? -Jane
Dear God,
I read the Bible. What does "begat" mean? Nobody will tell me. Love, Alison
Dear God,
Are you really invisible or is it just a trick? Lucy
Dear God,
Is it true my father will not be in heaven when your bowling words in the house? Anita --
Dear God,
You mean the giraffe seems that it was an accident? - Norma
Dear God,
Instead of making people die and new ones, why not always the ones you now? -Jane
Dear God,
Who draws the lines around countries? -Nan
Dear God,
I went to a wedding and they kissed in the church. Okay? Neil --
Dear God,
This means that you are a jealous God? I thought I had everything. -Jane
ExpensiveGOD
Would you really say, "Do to others what they do to you?" Because if not, then I will suggest to my brother.-Darla
Dear God,
Thank you for the brother, but what I prayed for a puppy. Joyce
Dear God,
It rained during our holidays together and my father is crazy! He says things about you that people should not say, but I hope it will not hurt anyway. (Your friend but I will not say who I am)
Dear God,
Why is Sunday school on Sunday? I thought it would be our day of rest. -Tom L.
Dear God,
Please send me a pony. I have never been posed before, you can find. Bruce
Dear God,
If you love something - please let me Jennifer Horton because I hate it. Denise
Dear God,
If you give me a Genie lamp like Aladdin, I will give you whatever you want except my money or my chess game. Raphael
Dear God,
My brother is a rat. You must have a queue. Ha ha - Danny
Maybe Cain and Abel did not kill each other as if they had their own room. It works with my brother. -Larry
Dear God,
I do like my dad when I grow hair, but not everywhere. -Sam
Dear God,
You do not have to worry about me. You always look in both directions. - Dean
Dear God,
I think the stapler is one of his greatest inventions. Ruth M.
Dear God,
I think of you, even if I do not. Elliott
Dear God,
I bet it is very difficult for you all the love from all over the world. There are only 4 people in our family, and I can not. -Nan
Dear God,
Of all the people to work for you that I like Noah and David the best. -Rob
Dear God,
My brother told me to be born, but not all of it. You are a joke? -Marsha
Dear God,
If you see me in church on Sunday, I'll show you my new shoes. Mickey D.
Dear God,
Iwant to live 900 years like the man in the Bible. Love, Chris
Dear God,
We read Thomas Edison had made light. But in Sunday school they told me it did. I bet you stole your idea. Sincerely, Donna
Dear God,
I do not think anyone can be a better God. Well, I just want you to know, but I am not saying that because God is present. Charles
Dear God,
I do not think orange went with purple until I got the sunset you made on Tuesday saw. That was cool! DJ
Post a Comment